Arriving home to the agriculture fields of the Santa Clara Valley after WWI, Bruce Barton founded Bruce Barton Pump Service in 1920. Based on South First Street in San Jose and Bruce helped install the water systems that ushered in agricultural expansion for which the Santa Clara Valley was first known.
The Santa Clara Valley has undergone rapid change over the past century and throughout it all Bruce Barton Pump Service has been there to meet the increasing needs of the community. With the addition of Commercial and Industrial pumping lines, Bruce Barton Pump Service grew to be the valley's leader in installation and repair. With his desk as a command post, Bruce was happy to troubleshoot and repair any problem for his loyal customers before he
passed in 1989.
Today, Bruce Barton Pump Service stands exactly where Bruce originally set it up in 1920. The office at 940 South First Street and Bruce's legacy live on through third and fourth generation family members who continue to run the business with his same commitment to quality and customer service.